What is Initial Teacher Training?
Initial Teacher Training (ITT) is needed to become a qualified teacher in maintained schools across the UK. After completing your Initial Teacher Training course, you’ll earn Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in England and Wales, or the Teaching Qualification (TQ) in Scotland.
Train to Teach at TCAT with School Direct…
Gain a PGCE, awarded by either Exeter or Marjon University, at Cornerstone Teaching Academy with a significant national and international reputation for innovative use of IT within a broad and balanced curriculum
You are welcome to visit us (in person or via Microsoft Teams) at one of our open days, when you will be able to:
- Talk to our teachers and programme leaders
- Explore the benefits of school-based training and our School Direct programme
- Experience our excellent conference and training facilities
- Get first-hand advice about the profession and your place within it
- Observe teachers and children in the classroom and during enrichment activities
- Arrange follow-up visits and learn about the application process
Meet our School Direct Coordinator